Tuesday, March 22, 2011

PAX: The Palawan Experience

I don't know if this is okey but since I don't have any recent activity to share, I thought of writing a blog about something that happened not a long time ago. This is about my Palawan trip in 2006.

My parents were invited to a wedding held in Puerto Princesa and I volunteered to accompany them. It was a 3-day visit to Palawan, from October 19-21. It was so fortunate that I decided to go with my parents, because I did not only get the chance to lay my eyes on the unusual beauty of the province but I was also able to meet some of our relatives I haven't met before. I am referring to the Rodriguez clan whose roots were from Cagayan Valley (home province of my father) but eventually migrated to Palawan. One of them, Atty. Allen Rodriguez, the cousin of my father, and the Provincial Prosecutor of Palawan, received us as visitors. His hospitality was unmatched. His siblings, by the way, are also lawyers - one is an MTC Judge in Brooke's Point, and the other one is the Provincial Legal Officer; and his brother-in-law is a practicing lawyer in El Nido.

With Uncle Allen and my Parents. This was taken at the rest house of the late House Speaker Ramon Mitra

I forgot their names already but the one on the left is the MTC Judge, then the Provincial Legal Officer, and the Practicing Lawyer


We stayed in a resort not far from Uncle Allen's house, but the name I could no longer recall. All I could remember was that it was a decent and nice place. Uncle Allen also provided us with a service and a driver, so on our first day (the wedding was on our second day) we were able to get around Puerto Princesa and nearby towns like Bahile and Sabang. We had also visited some of Palawan's tourist attractions like the Crocodile Farm, Iwahig Prison and Penal Farm, and the breath-taking but hard to reach Subterranean River. We also dined in the famous Ka Lui, the restaurant that serves peculiar but mouth-watering dishes, on the night before we left home.

After landing in Puerto Princesa Airport

Yes, I was visiting some of my relatives here! Joke.

Welcome to the crocodile farm

At my back is the skin of what is believed to be the biggest crocodile captured in Palawan

A baby crocodile. It's heavy


All set to see the Subterranean River. The rock formation at my back is equally impressive

Excited to get inside

Let's go inside this Underground River

Absolutely one of the world's wonders


I hope I can get back to Palawan and go to the spots I haven't seen yet. El Nido and Coron are inviting. Maybe next time Mija can come with me. As of now, all I can do is to put it into our travel wish list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment