Monday, June 27, 2011

Sabang Island

In my 22 years of living in Cabugao, I've been to Sabang Island only once, and that was just last summer. I heard so much about it from friends and classmates from other towns but I only came to understand all their praises and  adulations when I finally set my foot on the island. Although the island is not as fine as the island of Boracay and other famous islands, it has a charm of its own. There are no improvements nor structures ever introduced in it since perhaps the time it was discovered, but that only makes it even more appealing because of its "virgin" status. If I will win the lotto, I'll buy it from the real owners - the Crisologo family, and convert it as a mini Amanpulo, but for my own personal use only.


The Island as seen from the shore of Brgy. Sabang

You have to ride in a boat like this to reach it. Travel time is 5 minutes.

Nothing much to do here besides swimming, camping and playing

The black portion underneath the sea are black corals.

That's me!

Thorny bushes all over the island

the island in front is Brgy Sabang

White sand indeed

Perfect place for swimming

Virgin island of Sabang

1 comment: