Monday, September 5, 2011

Kannawidan: Yloco Festival

I was sorting my photo albums when I stumbled on the Kannawidan album containing pictures I took during the Kannawidan Festival held early this year in Vigan City. I then checked my blogspot account if I already blogged about it but found out I haven't, so I immediately grabbed my laptop and began hitting the keyboard. This is something I shouldn't miss sharing, not because I want to brag about my awesome shots, but rather, I want to take part into spreading how awesome this Ilocano celebration is.

Kannawidan Festival is an annual event by the people of Ilocos Sur which started in 2008. This year we celebrated the 4th Kannawidan Festival held on January 31 to February 6, to coincide with the 193rd Anniversary of Ilocos Sur when it became an independent province by virtue of the Spanish Royal Decree of February 2, 1818, separating it from Ilocos Norte.

The weeklong celebration featured the rich culture, custom, and tradition of the Ilocandia. It was filled with string of activities that include tribal performances, showcasing of Ilocano products, production number from local stars, talent competitions, battle of the bands, and the highlight of the festival - Saniata ti Ilocos, a beauty pageant.

I was lucky enough to have VIP pass in each and every event, a perk for working for the Province. It was an unforgettable experience and my camera and I can't wait for the next celebration.



Street Dancing Competition - Junior Division

The neon color costumes plus the chest-level angle make this shot a thumbs up

Right on time

Group 1 in action

Magtanim ay di biro

I fixed the contrast and boosted the colors

The champions

Shake shake body dancer

Igorots?

Bagnet eating contest 
Basi drinking contest

Bayanihan Dance Company

Saniati ti Ilocos contestant

Showcasing Abel Iloco

Talent Portion

No comments:

Post a Comment